Trapped in on bone protection duty. At a time of the year I can’t be trapped in but anyway, reports won’t write themselves I suppose. A few sneachta inspired diversions for you.
He was a good choice for MC on Saturday’s march – I’ve still not processed the whole thing, it was like being at a funeral in O’Connell Street. A funeral for the unions or the nation or something. There was a huge non union turn out and someone has to harness that. But it won’t be the unions probably because they can’t or maybe that should be they shouldn’t.
– Speaking of the unions, I expect to hear strong opposition to this. Crazy stuff when SNA’s and other posts are being done away with. What’s next? Unpaid Gardai?
– Meet the weather enthusiasts at Irish Weather Online – the best thing I’ve found oh since the last weather incident. A great twitter account and a good sense of humour predicting the trends and explaining meterological terms. I now know what Graupel is! Do you?
– The Community Platform commissioned research on their wealth tax idea and unsurprisingly found out that a lot of people agreed with them.
– Abara, the International Disability Film Festival is on this weekend.
– From Liffey Sound 96.4fm
“Liffey Sound 96.4fm, Lucan’s Community Radio Station is making a documentary entitled “Coping, Moping, Hoping”. The subject matter concerns the manner in which families living in Lucan have been affected by the current economic recession. If you would like to share your own story of how you and your family have been affected we’d love to hear from you. All names used will be changed to ensure confidentiality. We intend to broadcast the one hour documentary early in 2011.
– Outhouse, Dublin’s LGBT Community Centre are recruiting for a Community Worker.
– Ok if you have a spider/insect phobia don’t go here – it seems that the Praying Mantis doesn’t bit the head of her partner after they shag and the research was flawed.
Now aren’t you glad you dropped by for a read?